What do existing players get for buying Knockout City?
- Anyone who owns and has played the full game on any platform, whether purchased or obtained from a promotion (PlayStation Plus, EA Play, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, or Prime Gaming), will receive the Loyalty Royalty Bundle*. This bundle contains some exclusive legendary cosmetics, XP boosts, and 2,000 Holobux.
*Not available in Japan.
Will Knockout City still use EA logins?
- You’ll still use an EA account to play Knockout City for now. We’ll share more information on our future plans soon.
Will the Brawl Pass be bought with Holobux or real money?
- The Brawl Pass and Brawl Shop will continue to be available for Holobux! There will be no change here after the free-to-play transition: Players can earn Holobux through gameplay or purchase Holobux with their local currency.
How will going free-to-play change the monetization of the game?
- The core of the game isn’t changing! Our stance on not having lootboxes remains the same. Holobux will continue to be either earned through gameplay or purchased through platform stores, where they can spend on cosmetics and other items in the Brawl Shop, just like always.
Will there be any changes to the game servers when Velan becomes the publisher?
- We are planning on keeping our current servers, and we’ll continue working hard to always improve the player experience.
Will the game still be cross-play?
- Yes, full cross-play and cross-progression across all platforms isn’t changing! If you want to play on another platform where you don’t own Knockout City today, you’ll be able to download and play for free on June 1, 2022.
Can I change my username or KO ID when Velan becomes publisher?
- You can change your KO ID today through your EA account settings. For your display name, that varies per platform. For example, Steam shows your display name, PlayStation uses your PSN ID, etc.
Will there still be Twitch Drops in Season 6?
- We’re working hard to keep Twitch Drops for everyone, but there may be some downtime as part of the publishing transition. We’ll have more info to share here soon!
Will there be more maps and balls in the future?
- Yes! This is just the beginning for Knockout City, and we’ve already confirmed that there will be a new Special Ball in Season 6 on June 1st. We have plenty of plans for more maps and balls in the future, so stay tuned!
Will there be more advertising when the game goes free-to-play?
- We can’t talk about our exact plans, but rest assured Knockout City is in good hands! We have lots of new ideas, and we can’t wait to share them with the world!
Will I need a PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live account to play Knockout City when the game is free-to-play?
- We’re still working through some details here, but we’d like to allow everyone to play Knockout City without requiring an online subscription.
Will there be any pay-to-win mechanics added?
- We have no plans to add anything resembling pay-to-win into the game. One of the core design tenets of Knockout City is fair competition, and we don’t plan to compromise that when we change our business model. Unlockables will continue to be cosmetic-only, and have no effect on gameplay (except maybe striking fear into the hearts of your opponents).
What if I bought the Deluxe Edition, Deluxe Upgrade, or Block Party Edition?
- Nothing changes! All of those items are still yours on the platform you purchased them on.
Will publishing the game yourselves make it easier to do crossovers and collaborations?
- There shouldn’t be any meaningful difference here. We have some exciting crossovers coming soon, and we can’t wait to tell you about them!
If I own the game on multiple systems, do I get the Loyalty Royalty Bundle multiple times?
- Players can only receive the bundle once per account, and the rewards will be accessible on all platforms.
Are you worried about cheaters when you go free-to-play?
- We’ll continue to monitor the game as we always have for cheaters and those trying to exploit our game. We have no tolerance for cheaters, and we’ll take swift action on the accounts of those who are exploiting the game.
Article is closed for comments.